Digital Product Designer (Contract)
We’re always looking for passionate digital product designers to contract with us on projects. Projects vary in terms of industry, challenge, and duration. So, we’re constantly looking for a mutual fit in credentials and availability. If there seems to be potential between us but nothing is available to contract at the moment, we’re also happy to keep you in mind as things come up.
Here’s a quick description of what you’ll do and the basic requirements for joining us under any contract (ie. this is not a full-time position):
As a Digital Product Designer, you’ll contribute and deliver design support in a product development team to meet the needs of the audience and the client’s business. Collaborating with your team, you’ll be responsible for delivering design solutions ranging anywhere from research and strategy (UX, IA) to interactions (IxD) to visuals (UI) to validation (testing) depending on the needs of the project and next steps identified by your project team leaders. As a core contributor to your team, you produce deliverables with the best quality of design and an eye to details, never making the same mistake twice.
In your day-to-day you will:
- Collaborate and contribute daily with your project team to fulfill next steps and deliver on design to help your team build the product
- Confidently articulate and objectively explain your design decisions and deliverables to your team and client
- Clearly communicate with your project team to make sure they have full design support and jump in on other tasks as needed
- Constantly collaborate with your project team leaders and department head on how to improve your skills and advance your project’s success
Who You Are:
You are a collaborative project contributor
You work together with your project team to understand, act, and deliver on next steps translated from product and client needs.
You are an ambitious designer
You don’t believe in resting on your laurels and easily tackle situations of ambiguity to figure out how to keep yourself and your work moving forward.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years (post education) of working experience in a client services or agency environment
- Experience or familiarity solving problems across multiple technology platforms (eg. browsers, applications, operating systems, mobile and connected devices, other hardware)
- Proficient in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, and prototyping tools
- Understanding of development practices and experience directly collaborating with development teams
- Strong communication, client services, and interpersonal skills
- Fierce passion for collaboration and growing with others